VP, Planning BKLN.
Planning is responsible for defining and activating the unified brand narrative and experience across comms/campaigns, products and platforms and spaces and places. One of the core tasks is to get to strategic ideas that solve, create space and clarity, and inspire us to create brave work. Strategic ideas with the power to guide all the work, across the 3 pillars.
Planners are in the trenches with the creatives to hone the thinking and help unlock the work.
Huge is currently seeking a VP of Planning who will partner with leads across cross-functional teams in execution of all insight discoveries, digital strategy, and marketing engagements. This will require being able to chart, lead, and inspire the strategic direction for a portfolio of clients, marshaling and directing the correct strategic resources and applying them to client projects, ongoing relationships and new business in an effective and impactful manner that ultimately grows the size and scope of the portfolios.
The person in this role will be ultimately responsible for the quality and impact of the strategic thinking within the portfolio and along with the rest of the leadership team responsible for the overall quality of the work produced. In addition, they will contribute to the continued growth, evolution and development of the Planning discipline at Huge. This will involve mentoring and developing less experienced staff, and ensuring that the role and deliverables of Planning are woven into the agency's single strategy offering.
The ideal candidate will have a mixed background in traditional planning and digital strategy (product, site and marketing). The will need to be willing and able to bring forward prior skills, be comfortable with the agency's user first model but evolve the discipline, its role and deliverables as strategic needs shift. They must be comfortable defining and building structures and departments and able to thrive in a fast moving culture.
What you’ll be doing.
- Define recommended approach and execution of strategy and strategic planning projects for clients
- Contribute to collective strategy and planning practices of the cross-agency planning team as needed
- Identify marketing problems, perform research, and analyze trends/results to determine strategic implications
- Collaborate on proposals, pitches, and strategic thought capital from Huge
- Craft ideas and connections that can be locally and globally implemented, showing an understanding of digital behaviors at a worldwide level
- Develop creative briefs that inspire clients and creative teams alike to come up with idea development and implementation
- Collaborate with cross functional project teams to motivate, create, and implement short and long-term online marketing strategies
- Stay current on users, interactive trends, best practices, and digital experiences with an eye towards agency’s client base/portfolio
- Proactively identify new opportunities for client growth, and enforce processes and best practices across all engagements
What we’d like to see.
- 15+ years of digital interactive account planning experience (or a mix of traditional planning and digital)
- Must be dynamic and passionate in teams and with clients
- Strong understanding of integrated advertising; experience across multiple media forms
- Strong understanding of brands with proven experience in delivering effective digital business strategy globally
- Experience working collaboratively across partner agencies
- Ability to manage internal customer relationships and expectations through effective interpersonal communication, negotiating, and partnering
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a deadline-driven process
- Strong self motivated and self starting personality
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.