Freelance Senior Technical Writer BK.
Huge seeks a Senior Technical Writer on a freelance basis to support in the production of content across multiple formats for our life sciences client. Our ideal candidate has demonstrable expertise in crafting case studies, bylined articles and—as a plus—sales collateral in the bioproduction, life science, lab diagnostics, and/or pharmaceutical realms.
Over a 12-14–week engagement, our writer will produce 20+ pieces of content, and will collaborate with design teams and art directors to optimize their work for rich layouts. They will work to simplify complex concepts, and distill information into its most elegant, digestible form. And they will do so knowing that even the most arcane, jargon-larded document still must tell a good story.
What we’d like to see.
- A proven ability to write toward our targets: thought leaders and procurement officers within scientific labs, academic institutions, and public health organizations.
- Demonstrated work writing in the following areas: bioproduction, lab diagnostics, synthetic biology, cell analysis, and/or pharma analytics.
- Ability to research topics with a journalistic eye for detail and accuracy, and synthesize complex information quickly.
- A deep understanding of the relationship between textual and visual elements. We need someone who can be collaborative with our designers.
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills. Attention to small details in both copy documents and designs won’t just save headaches; it will be a prerequisite of hiring.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines. Our writers are able to put their heads down and produce awesome work with virtually no supervision.
- Proven communication skills with both internal teams and clients.
- Proactive, positive attitude is a must. We welcome healthy discussion and debate, and put good ideas ahead of egos.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.