Group Creative Director, XD BK.
At Huge, the Experience Design Team is a multidisciplinary collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, product, visual, motion, industrial and brand design. We're seeking an experienced Group Creative Director, XD – to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong pedigree in user experience and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences.
The Group Creative Director, XD will focus on strategic design for products and services – elevating our capabilities with the goal of becoming the secret sauce behind our client's most impactful innovations. They need to be an expert hands-on craftsperson; able to lead cross-disciplinary teams to conceive, execute, and deliver beautiful, thoughtful, and impactful solutions on the world stage. They’re at ease leading a client workshop, and can look the C Suite in the eye without so much as a flinch.
The Group Creative Director, XD leads our most complex and innovative digital projects, creating products used by billions (yes, billion with a “B”) of people every day. They have an intuitive feeling for the way products should work and a deep understanding of what users want and need when it comes to digital media. The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across surfaces — including web, mobile, tablet and physical mediums. The Group Creative Director, XD helps set the direction of projects from the beginning. They oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition and design. We need someone who can be a strategic leader, product owner, team player and skilled client partner all rolled into one. They should be decisive and excited to lead their team forward — we need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better. In addition to project work, Group Creative Director, XD helps to shape the Experience Design team, manage and mentor other Designers, and plays a major role in business development.
What we’d like to see:
- Strong design instincts, a deep understanding of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development and creative process fundamentals.
- Readiness to set design and creative direction, and promote design principles.
- A keen ability to anticipate the needs, concerns and input from teammates across departments.
- Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills — someone who is insanely excited about their work and knows how to spread that enthusiasm.
- Experience with senior clients. Someone who is an expert at handling themselves and our clients in every imaginable situation.
- Confident with everything from team building, mentoring to guiding large amounts of creative talent.
- Proven success in a digital agency environment
- Create experiences people love - truly impressive interfaces, large-scale websites and applications.
- In partnership with the Executive Creative Director, establish vision and technical direction for global clients and the Experience Design team.
- Collaborate deeply across disciplines - product management, technology, research, user experience.
- Develop the Experience Design team in a purposeful way in order to increase their competence, confidence and capability to make significant contributions to Huge and our clients.
- Lead the team to achieve results by selecting the right talent, getting the most out of each team member, leveraging the synergy of people working together, and creating team confidence and enthusiasm.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.