Strategy Director - Distributed Commerce BK.
This role is for a world-class thinker to work with the best and brightest to define the future of digital commerce. You will report directly to our global head of commerce, driving our perspective and strategy on emerging and distributed commerce - including social commerce, marketplaces, living-stream, commerce in gaming, purely digital products (e.g. crypto-collectibles) and physical/digital experiences. You will have the opportunity to work with our most exciting clients, and with teams from New York to Singapore, London to Detroit.
We’re looking for someone who loves working across multiple teams, and switching between numerous opportunities and challenges. This person may present to CEOs one day and roll up their sleeves performing detailed analysis the next. They enjoy working cross-functionally — partnering hand-in-hand with technologists, designers, and researchers. Someone to help us shape the future of how people buy and interact with businesses.
Strategy Directors at Huge are responsible for bringing strong, insight-driven strategic thinking across a diverse array of projects, whether it’s defining a go-to-market strategy for a new start-up, revamping a storied company’s eCommerce presence, developing a new loyalty program, or helping a client navigate organizational change. They understand market forces, translate emergent technology and user trends into action, and work with clients to help realize their aspirations.
In this role, you will be engaged in the end-to-end entire lifecycle of our work - from working on our most important strategic initiatives and supporting business development to spending significant time with clients, gaining deep insight into their needs and becoming a trusted thought partner and advisor. You’ll work closely with creative teams and technologists to define and create the right outcomes for our clients. You’ll develop influence as a thought leader inside of Huge, educating our global teams on the future of commerce and our offerings, and help grow and shape the future of Huge’s commerce practice.
What You'll Do:
- Work as a global subject matter expert on emerging and distributed commerce, including social, marketplaces, and gaming, and develop points of view and perspectives. Work internally and externally to stay abreast of new developments in the space.
- Develop relationships across the Huge global network, influencing teams, supporting existing account needs, and reinforcing strong ties between the commerce practice and regional teams.
- Develop relationships with clients and execute, or oversee the execution of, cohesive, compelling visions for our clients that guide the future of their digital commerce experiences, and the strategy required to bring that vision to life - including the organizational change (people, process, platforms, and partners) needed to compete in the modern digital economy.
- Regularly partner with cross-functional Huge teams - including visual and experience design, engineering, user research, product, analytics, SEO, and project management - in the creation of concepts and experiences that align to the vision for a client.
- Work closely with the global head of commerce on select strategic initiatives - including defining new service offerings for Huge around emerging and distributed commerce - and on high priority opportunities. More broadly, operate as a leader within Huge’s commerce practice, including select chief of staff responsibilities in supporting the growth of the organization.
- Participate in pitches, business development, and public speaking opportunities.
What we’d like to see.
- 8+ years leading strategic initiatives in a consulting, agency, or in-house role; alternatively, experience working in a platform company (e.g., social media or marketplace) or VC/PE working on commerce experiences.
- Deep understanding of the dynamics of emerging commerce experiences, including commerce in social media and marketplaces, and related user, business, and technology trends.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- A demonstrated ability to influence and develop relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in high pressure situations and simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges with enthusiasm.
- Familiarity with major commerce, experience, and personalization platforms is a plus, but not required.
- Direct experience executing or leading teams implementing commerce strategies on major social, marketplace, and gaming platforms is a plus.
- Strong appreciation for the importance of user experience.
- Possess a strong curiosity, ability to deal with ambiguity, work autonomously and a preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.