Connections Strategy Director BK.
We’re looking for a strategic leader who is curious and excited to strengthen the connection between brand, product and customers. This role sits at the intersection of audiences, innovative creative and media moments to maximize the impact of a campaign.
The Connections Strategy Director will be responsible for building the activation blueprints, coordinating efforts across cross-functional teams, and driving the tactical execution of creative campaigns. Support for always on marketing will vary across accounts. The ultimate goal is to maximize the impact of the work once it is released into the world and help drive organic growth of Huge accounts.
They will also play an active role as a subject matter expert and develop company-wide perspectives on trends and the use of emerging advertising opportunities. They must always stay current on culture, best practices and digital experiences with an eye towards Huge’s client base.
Ideal candidates have experience in creative agencies with a passion to find whitespace and innovations in how marketing is executed. They should have a strong background in digital advertising, and exposure to media planning in their previous roles at a creative agency. The should also have experience in the art of writing insights, and be able to debate abstract concepts with creative teams.
What you'll be doing.
- Steer the development of annual or campaign connections plans that informs where, when, and how we bring creative ideas to life.
- Align clients and partner agencies to our connections strategy, ensuring it sits the budgets, timelines and logistical needs pre-defined.
- Work closely to inspire the creative teams; translating research and cultural understanding, into actionable insights for creative advertising.
- Recommend tactical placement and rotation plans for creative through paid media ideas, digital design and experiential activations that impact the business of our clients in a meaningful way.
- Willing to roll-up-sleeves and own the project from end to end.
- Oversee analytic insights to help optimize in market work, but also identify new potential for creative executions.
What we’d like to see.
- 12-15+ years of experience working in a strategic planning capacity at an agency with experience leading a multi-disciplinary team through an annual planning process or for large scale, integrated campaigns.
- Interest in working with innovative companies involving technology, cypto/blockchain, retail, financial services.
- Has worked across B2B and B2C brands, comfortable with navigating more complex accounts with multiple audiences or business challenges.
- Solid understanding of the media planning strategies, specifically, understanding how to leverage DMPs, data fusion, creative sequencing, DCO etc. Note this role does not require a media planning background, but it will require familiarity to be able to coordinate plans with 3rd party media partners.
- Data centric, with competency pulling syndicated, competitive and desktop research.
- Has been a primary point-of-contact for clients where presenting agency recommendations was a frequent topic.
- Is informed about industry topics and trends ‘in-the-headlines’ and can articulate and defend his/her point-of-view about them. Develop formal, written, agency points of view on a variety of strategic subject matter.
- Ability to manage internal customer relationships and expectations through effective interpersonal communication, negotiating and partnering.
- A proven ability to manage and set client expectations, and to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a deadline-driven process.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations.
- Willingness to work on EST time zones.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.