Design Operations Manager COL.
At Huge, the DesignOps Team is responsible for the organization and coordination of people, tasks and processes in the design workflow. They take care of the operations side of design, allowing the designers to do what they do best – design.
We’re looking for someone who others describe as human-centric; a leader who inspires and a team player who knows the work only happens when people work together, a talented and driven designer or manager with a design-related background, who brings their own mix of creativity, technical knowledge and strategic planning to help make processes faster and smoother. If you feel like this profile almost perfectly describes you, and you feel comfortable contributing to the success of a creative team, we should meet. You will need to show us how and where you’ve applied your insights and strategic planning in the past and why it improved the team’s success.
This role will be embedded in the creative team and report to the DesignOps Lead.
As a DesignOps Manager, you will partner with Creative Directors and other discipline leads to amplify the team’s design impact and value at scale. You will help evolve and grow the design team, help document and implement onboardings & training, and you will help create efficient workflows and document best practices, in order to optimize the day-to-day workflow of designers.
What we’d like to see:
- 5-8 years of experience working on projects with a user-centered design approach and digital focus in an agile environment.
- 1+ years of experience leading digital creative teams in an agile environment.
- Experience helping define and execute onboarding & training for new hires.
- Experience collaborating with staffing and resourcing to help plan project resourcing and timelines.
- Experience and a deep interest in helping organize cultural outreach programs to help improve the team’s health & morale.
- Experience working with Design Leadership on envisioning and planning the design team's growth and evolution.
- A deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Visual, Product, User Experience, Marketing, Motion, and Brand Design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in english and spanish, that you use to effectively roll out large-scale programs.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma, Sketch & Adobe Suite.
What would give you bonus points:
- Experience making impactful process improvements in collaboration, workflow, tooling, and/or documentation practices.
- Experience helping teams adopt and follow best practices.
- Active interest in seeking and providing opportunities to evolve the team, including team members’ personal skills and experiences.
- Proficiency at internal communications and team building activities.
- Experience creating and managing project backlogs, requirements, and roadmaps using industry-standard tools like Jira.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.