Technology Director (Commerce).
Huge is looking for a global head of technology for our commerce practice. You will report directly to our global head of commerce, driving Huge’s perspective on what good looks like - from platform strategies for apps and websites to emerging technologies and patterns - and help lead our most important projects online, in-stores, and everywhere in between. The Commerce practice at Huge is rapidly expanding, and is one of our most important strategic initiatives - this role is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor.
You will have the opportunity to work with our most exciting clients, and with teams from New York to Singapore, London to Detroit. This is a highly visible role, with opportunities for public speaking, thought leadership, and partnering directly with client executives, third-party partners, and regional Huge leadership.
Technology directors at Huge are cross-functional. They understand business challenges and goals, have strong perspectives on the platform landscape, can set direction and guide clients and teams through complex trade-offs and decision-making, and can lead integrated teams to deliver amazing solutions. They are orchestrators and leaders, and relentlessly focused on bringing a vision to reality.
Additionally, this role will have responsibilities in supporting our corporate strategy for delivering end-to-end eCommerce work, helping mentor our teams and grow commerce capabilities across our various regions, and identifying and engaging with third-party partners ranging from emerging technologies to service providers.
What you'll be doing.
- Develop relationships across the Huge global network, influencing teams, supporting existing account needs, and reinforcing strong ties between the commerce practice and regional teams.
- In partnership with the global head of commerce and leaders at Huge, support the definition and execution of Huge’s strategy for executing end-to-end eCommerce website and app implementation work.
- Participate in pitches, business development, and public speaking opportunities.
- Work internally and externally to stay abreast of new developments in digital commerce, including new platforms/technologies, interacting with partners, and the latest thinking on modern commerce experiences.
- Lead the definition of technology strategies for clients, front-end and back-end, including evaluations and vendor selections, exploring needed capabilities (across people, process, and technology), and consult on key technology decisions with internal and external teams.
- Regularly partner with cross-functional Huge teams - including visual and experience design, product management, user research, product, analytics, SEO, and project management - in the creation of concepts and experiences that align to the vision for a client.
- Mentor and manage senior team members, including selecting platform technologies.
What we’d like to see.
- 5-7 years of experience in commerce consulting, including delivering technology strategies to senior executives.
- A strong understanding of the current commerce technology platform landscape, emerging technologies in the commerce space, and common solution architectures (ranging from headless or “MACH” based to more monolithic patterns).
- Broad exposure to large (e.g., Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Commerce Cloud, Oracle Commerce Cloud), mid-market (Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento), and modern or more emergent (commercetools, elasticpath, VTEX, Fabric) solutions.
- Experience in researching and exploring new solutions, developing relationships with platforms, and directing the work of others.
- Familiarity with leading content and experience management platforms (including Contentful, Amplience, Bloomreach) is a plus. Experience with complex front-end architectures, including API-based models, is a plus.
- The ability to estimate work and staffing, and strategize to satisfy client budgetary requirements.
- xDemonstrated experience leading a team of 10 - 12 people through a successful multi-month technical delivery process.
- The ability to coach and transform a diverse and talented team into a high-performing delivery machine.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, Stellantis, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.