Strategy Director, Product (Commerce) BK.
This role is for a world-class product thinker to bring to market leading digital commerce experiences. You will report directly to our global head of commerce, driving Huge’s perspective on what good looks like - from apps and websites to in-store experiences - and helping lead our most important projects. The Commerce practice at Huge is rapidly expanding, and is one of our most important strategic initiatives - this role is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor.
You will have the opportunity to work with our most exciting clients, and with teams from New York to Singapore, London to Detroit. This is a highly visible role, with opportunities for public speaking, thought leadership, and partnering directly with client executives and with regional Huge leadership.
Product directors at Huge sit at the intersection of user needs, business goals, and organizational capabilities (people, process, and platforms/technology). They are orchestrators and leaders. They are project managers, technologists, business strategists, and advisors. They can define a vision, a strategy backed by a detailed roadmap to achieve it, and roll their sleeves up to lead teams in delivering against that strategy.
Additionally, this role will have responsibilities in supporting our corporate strategy for delivering end-to-end eCommerce work, helping mentor our teams and grow commerce capabilities across our various regions, and identifying and engaging with third-party partners ranging from emerging technologies to service providers.
What you’ll be doing.
- Develop relationships across the Huge global network, influencing teams, supporting existing account needs, and reinforcing strong ties between the commerce practice and regional teams.
- In partnership with the global head of commerce and leaders at Huge, support the definition and execution of Huge’s strategy for executing end-to-end eCommerce website and app implementation work.
- Participate in pitches, business development, and public speaking opportunities.
- Work internally and externally to stay abreast of new developments in digital commerce, including new platforms/technologies, user experience trends, and emerging pathways for brands to engage and transact with consumers.
- Regularly partner with cross-functional Huge teams - including visual and experience design, engineering, user research, product, analytics, SEO, and project management - in the creation of concepts and experiences that align to the vision for a client.
- Lead assessments of existing client commerce experiences and define business strategies to help them grow; assess existing client capabilities and define capability strategies that take into account people, process, and platforms/technology to help clients transform; and develop frameworks and roadmaps that serve as an alignment vehicle for a vision..
- Serve as the voice of the business for creative and technology teams, helping them deliver their work and think through optionality, and put together briefs and flows to guide our delivery work.
- Mentor and manage senior team members.
What we’d like to see.
- You have proven success and experience in commerce consulting - analyzing a client’s business, user and market trends, digging deep on capabilities, and helping them develop a vision and strategy to transform their experience while optimizing business performance along the way.
- You have led multiple end-to-end eCommerce engagements in various settings (different industries, or different business models: DTC vs. wholesale, B2C vs B2B); either full implementations or conversion optimizations of existing experiences.
- You understand what it takes to run a digital commerce business, from site merchandising to pricing and promotions, from content management to SEO, and are very deep in the digital product development space, from design and engineering to user research and site performance optimization. You are comfortable interacting with Chief Digital Officer’s, SVP’s of eCommerce, social, marketing, product, IT, design, and UX teams.
- You have a strong point of view on market and user trends in digital commerce.
- You are familiar with common technology platforms and patterns (e.g., headless or “MACH” vs. monoliths/bigger ecosystems) and can eloquently speak to the various trade-offs and decision criteria.
- You have a point of view of what good looks like in product management - the organizational design of product teams, how to do complex roadmapping, how to flow work, and how to align Huge teams based on client circumstance (e.g., ‘waterfall’ vs. ‘agile’; integrated design and development teams vs. siloed teams or third parties).
- You are able to quickly understand, simplify, internalize, and communicate complex or technical concepts.
- Familiarity engaging with or managing partner relationships, including platforms, are a plus, but not required.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, Stellantis, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.