Senior Copywriter (UX) OAK.
Huge seeks a Senior UX Copywriter who combines a passion for sharp writing with a deep understanding of how brands communicate their stories through their digital platforms and products. Our ideal candidate sees narrative as an integral part of great design. You’ll sit at the sweet spot between UX, VD and content strategy, partnering with them to create digital experiences that are not just clear and coherent, but also compelling. That means you think way beyond taglines and manifestos, to make every word work hard in the right context—from developing long- and medium-form content to smart, useful interface copy. You understand that how you say something and how you see something are two sides of the same coin, and can translate visual style into tone and voice (or vice versa). You work to simplify complex UX interactions through language and layout, and distill information into its most elegant, digestible form. You understand the way language works within systems. You’re not afraid to sketch as well as scribble. And you don’t just have one strong voice; you have many.
What we’d like to see.
- A proven ability to write for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries, with 4+ years experience.
- Demonstrated work writing in the following areas: UX and product design, branding, content development.
- A track record of handling multiple assignments at once.
- Ability to internalize a brand’s voice and apply to copy outputs.
- A deep understanding of the relationship between textual and visual elements. We need someone who can be incredibly collaborative with our designers.
- Ability to research topics with a journalistic eye for detail and accuracy, and synthesize complex information.
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills. Attention to small details in both copy decks and designs won’t just save headaches; it’s extremely important.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines. Our copywriters are able to put their heads down and produce awesome work without constant supervision.
- Proven communication skills with both internal teams and clients.
- Proactive, positive attitude is a must. We welcome healthy discussion and debate, and put good ideas ahead of egos.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.