Director, Strategic Communications BK.
About Strategic Communications.
While the primary mission at Huge is to Make Things That People Love the Strategic Communications discipline rallies around the complementary mission of helping Make Newsworthy Things That People Love. This focus ensures that the agency’s campaigns, communications, and products are purpose-built with novelty, relevance, and talkability from the start. As a result the Strategic Communications team has helped architect some of Huge’s most high-profile and creative engagements, including Pantone’s first multisensory Color of the Year, and Full Transparency by Verizon, an open-source, blockchain-based product designed to restore corporate transparency and rebuild public trust in online information.
Huge is looking for a Director to join the Strategic Communications team in Brooklyn. In this role, you will be a key part of a cross-disciplinary creative team primarily focusing on a very large cryptocurrency platform, as well as other emerging projects within the Huge portfolio.
What you’ll be doing.
- Be the “earned media” strategy and creative lead within a cross-disciplinary team here at the agency.
- Provide clients and colleagues with a strong point of view and counsel on how to make creative concepts more newsworthy.
- Develop external communications plans to support clients’ business objectives and vision.
- Mentor and support more junior Strategic Communications team members as needed.
- Assist the managing director of Huge’s Strategic Communications offering with identifying incremental client growth opportunities within Huge and of PR with building out the PR division at Huge, including new business.
What we’d like to see.
- 8 - 10 years experience and a proven track record of connecting emerging brands with popular culture in innovative and newsworthy ways.
- The charisma and know-how to effectively work within a cross-disciplinary or integrated agency team.
- A well-connected professional who has strong relationships with culturally-relevant influencers and organizations, and is a voracious consumer of culture and information.
- Excellent verbal/written communications and presentation skills.
- emerging communications and marketing trends across categories and industries.
- A proven track record of winning major industry awards and accolades.
- Strong appreciation for design and user experience.
- An individual who embodies and reflects the Huge culture in thought and practice; a maker who is humble, collaborative and hands-on.
- Previous cryptocurrency experience is nice to have, but not required.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.