Communications Manager TOR.
Our corporate communications team works to elevate the brand globally through showcasing our work and our people. This includes, but is not limited to, media relations, event planning, social media, internal & external communications strategy, DE&I initiatives, speaking engagements, and award submissions. They usually come at the end of the project lifecycle to help elevate the work people at Huge create.
Huge is looking for a Communications Manager to join the Corporate Communications team in Toronto. In this role, you will be responsible for managing account teams and deliverables across a wide range of clients and be involved in new business development. Additionally, you will be shaping and spreading the agency's Toronto story through a variety of channels, including media relations, social media, internal communications, event planning, awards and employee engagement initiatives.
What you’ll be doing.
- You will develop internal and external communications plans to support clients’ business objectives and vision.
- You will manage and execute all aspects of media relations campaigns for a variety of clients and provide points of view on media opportunities, industry events, influencer management, and competitive landscape.
- You will facilitate client meetings and lead/oversee the development of materials including pitches, press releases, case studies, new business plans, etc.
- You will draft and execute PR plans for new campaigns, events, and internal office initiatives.
- You will be identifying and pitching new work to key trade reporters, and strategically identifying and pitching relevant speaking and event opportunities for Huge executives across the global network
- You will monitor and manage all Huge external platforms.
- You will be managing employee engagement initiatives with the head of talent and acting as the liaison between comms and talent.
- You will manage in-office events from strategy to execution.
What we’d like to see.
- You have over five years of experience at an agency or in-house, strong media and client relationships, excellent writing and organizational skills, a proven track record of top-tier results, and budgeting/management familiarity.
- You have industry/trade press relationships in Canada with a proven record of story placement.
- You have an ability to proactively identify and solve problems to streamline comms activities.
- You are a generalist that is interested in working on a broad array of account work (from lifestyle/consumer to tech and B2B).
- You have experience building strategic, multi-channel plans, and writing brand messaging that ties back to larger business objectives.
- You have a proven track record of building thoughtful, creative, and integrated plans, managing and executing a program with little input from their supervisor and a knack for coming up with new business ideas.
- You proactively seek out and shape stories within your agency for press and event opportunities, and have working knowledge of industry award programs.
- You have comprehensive knowledge of the digital space and a passion for thinking of PR differently.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.