Senior Web Engineer TOR.
Huge is looking for an Sr Web Engineer to join our technology team.
At Huge, it’s not only about depth in technology, but ongoing incubation and experimentation as to how to apply technology. Every technologist at Huge helps bring ideas to reality.
As an Sr Web Engineer, you will be part of the creative process, contributing to the brainstorming of inventive ideas being a decisive part of the conversation. You’ll be prototyping these ideas to assess feasibility and give the green light on them. After this, you will give recommendations on how to build this feature and provide visibility on the different challenges to be faced.
What we’d like to see:
- A strong appreciation for design and user experience.
- The ability to translate interaction ideas from a video or a mock into a production code and being able to collaborate with creative and development teams clearly.
- Demonstrated experience making well-reasoned approaches of different front end solutions tradeoffs in regards to performance and accessibility.
- A hunger to seek out new technologies, industry trends, and best practices -- and enjoyment sharing that knowledge with others.
- Approaching Front-End solutions with SEO in mind.
- Proficiency using agile methodologies, collaborating with technologists, creatives, project managers, and strategists.
- Ability to dive into project codebase inherited from other teams be it simple or complex
- Experience or desire to mentor junior team members
- Experience with animation libraries (ex.: GSAP, CreateJS) is a plus
What we’d love to see:
- Experience detecting performance bottlenecks and fixing janky experiences using the developer tools at hand (FPS meter, Layer Borders and Paint Flashing).
- Knowledge of at least one modern JS framework (React, Vue, Angular)
- Understanding of functional programming
- Willing to contribute on tasks with scripting languages like Python, NodeJS, Ruby, or PHP.
- Experience developing with build tools using Webpack, Rollup, or Gulp to optimize production deliverables.
- The ability to present the architectural design of a system to project team members and other stakeholders in clear, simple terms.
- Be able to manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, Stellantis, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.