Assistant Controller BK.
Finance makes sure that our clients are paying us on time, that we’re paying our own contractors on time, and that all of our expenses are squared away. Finance is also constantly monitoring the health of the business and making critical decisions about how we grow as a business, who we can and should hire, and what the future looks like for Huge.
Huge is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the Finance team in Brooklyn. In this role, you will be responsible for month-end close processes, financial reporting and ensuring that Huge is in conformity with IPG SP&P’s and is SOX compliant. The Assistant Controller will play a key role in the management of the team and day-to-day activities to deliver a best-in-class finance operations support. The right candidate will need to work well under pressure, deal with many different personalities and is an enthusiastic problem solver.
What you’ll be doing.
- Play an integral part in the monthly financial close and reporting processes;
- Be a “go-to” person for Accounting Team members;
- Develop key relationships across the organization to support business processes by partnering with other departments, including Client Finance, FP&A, Real Estate and Talent;
- Communicate across the global network and provide guidance to international offices;
- Analyze general ledger activity to ensure all transactions are completely and accurately accounted for;
- Review contracts and apply relevant accounting standards; e.g. ASC 606
- Review journal entries and supporting schedules;
- Monitor monthly AR and WIP aging reports and work with Client Finance to reduce aging;
- Ensure Huge’s compliance with SOX requirements and IPG’s Standard Policies and Procedures;
- Prepare month-end Agency and Network financial reporting;
- Respond to Network, Tax Dept and IPG Corporate ad-hoc requests;
- Facilitate external and internal audits.
What we’d like to see.
- Strong managerial skills with experience leading teams;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in the advertising industry;
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA license a plus;
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and business process fundamentals;
- Self-reliant, ability to manage time and deadlines independently with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products; a very high level of proficiency in spreadsheets is required;
- Experience with SAP and Oracle Hyperion is a plus.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.