Associate Director, Content Strategy TOR.
About Content Strategy
We believe in the power of content to build trust, credibility and high-value relationships with users. Whether emphasizing meaningful educational content within the site experience itself or building out a content marketing program that lives in the broader ecosystem, Huge recognizes that in today’s landscape, content is more persuasive than advertising alone, and enables brands to provide ongoing—and better targeted—guidance to users over time.
Huge is looking for an Associate Director, Content Strategy to join the Content Strategy team in Toronto. Content strategists at Huge help our clients identify their existing content assets, capabilities, and opportunities while developing roadmaps and content design solutions to help them achieve their visions. Our Strategists need to be comfortable dealing with both internal teams as well as external clients. We need someone ready to help interpret cross-discipline findings; create lasting plans for legacy content, partner content, and new content; create taxonomies and metadata frameworks; identify content management solutions; and architect information strategy approaches. This role is not a copywriting position; instead, it is a role that digests research and uses those findings to make work that feels intuitive and straightforward even when the mechanics behind it are complex.
What you’ll be doing.
- Research and analyze content across multiple channels to identify patterns and issues
- Lead workshops and interviews on content requirements and needs with mid and senior level clients
- Collaboratively define strategic visions for businesses and brands, including the role of content in that vision
- Identify, prioritize, and sell large-scale content opportunities at the project and product levels
- Define a roadmap for how an organization can improve its content effectiveness and governance, including assessing organizational readiness
- Lead content efforts through information architecture design, content modeling, and taxonomy definition
- Identify migration strategies for content across products and partner with engineers and technologists to plan and implement content migration(s)
- Collaborate with technologists, business analysis, and product managers on Huge and client teams to recommend appropriate content systems for projects. Make technical content recommendations to enable personalization and optimize internal search.
- Consult internal teams and clients on content governance, including workflow definition, communications and socialization, decision frameworks, and platform training and coaching
- Act as a subject matter expert for our internal team and a trusted advisor for day-to-day and senior clients
- Work with clients and strategy colleagues to define publishing and governance models for the enterprise
- Oversee and coordinate content activities within a project team, working across various Huge disciplines and the overall project lifecycle
- Work with project and discipline leadership to plan, pitch, and manage multidisciplinary activities that advance Huge's capabilities
What we’d like to see.
- 8+ years’ working experience leading content strategy development, preferably in an agency or consulting environment
- Proficiency in providing strategic direction through to writing content that will be used for the design experience we are proposing
- Ability to work closely with teams to identify new opportunities to grow clients' business
- Strong capabilities in technical understanding from tagging structures to architecture and taxonomy
- Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams in defining a vision and delivering on it
- Experience working on large-scale redesigns or e-commerce
- Experience advocating for content strategy best practices, principles, and methodology
- Expert understanding of content delivery and management systems
- Awareness of emerging content strategy trends, tools, and technology. We want someone who is committed to looking beyond the status quo and is excited by innovation.
- Elegant use of both qualitative and quantitative data to inform content priorities
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.