Director, Talent DC.
The Talent function at Huge is integral to the growth and well being of the overall business in a creatively driven environment. The Talent Director is a guardian of culture and a trusted advisor to employees and leadership alike. This person will help to foster and drive our positive, people first approach to employees and business challenges. Above all, they have a solid footing in the functions of HR as well as a comprehensive understanding of (and passion for) the work we do at Huge.
Huge is looking for a Talent Director to join the Talent Team in either our Washington, DC or Atlanta, GA office. In this role, you will be an integral part of our global talent team responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of key programs and finding ways to improve core processes and programs long-term. This role requires someone who is supportive and encouraging, straightforward and resilient, trustworthy and reliable. This person understands core HR foundations and boundaries and knows when and how to flex within and beyond them. In a nutshell, they are adaptable and capable of working in a fast moving, ever changing, eternally fluid environment.
- Execute against key talent initiatives in areas such as performance management, engagement surveys, compensation planning, rewards & recognition and DE&I.
- Proactively consult and liaise with office leadership and managers on employee & culture issues and work to identify effective solutions.
- Help office leadership and managers navigate an ever-changing environment with an emphasis on culture and a focus on increasing employee engagement.
- Provide counsel on sensitive work-related issues and conduct investigations, where needed.
- In partnership with a talent coordinator, process full time and freelance onboarding and exits (manage pre-onboarding process, paperwork, file maintenance, IT ticket, background checks, scheduling, weekly hire emails, etc.)
- Oversee local office leave processes and tracking.
- Oversee local office immigration processes, visas, and green card procurement.
- Liaise with local employees to answer questions related to payroll, benefits, performance management platform and other talent operations initiatives.
This role is aligned to our Southeast region and will lead talent management for our DC and ATL offices.
What we'd like to see:
- 8-10+ years of generalist HR, talent management, and/or talent consulting experience including experience with employee relations, performance management, compensation planning, immigration/mobility, employee engagement and career development
- Experience onboarding new hires, as well as handling voluntary and involuntary exits
- Experience integrating DE&I strategies into everyday people practices
- Experience organizing and managing performance and compensation reviews, partnering with office leadership and finance
- Ability to use data to story tell and influence strategic business decisions
- Working knowledge of and ability to advise on employment and immigration law
- Experience building and managing relationships with Huge leaders, employees, the global talent team and external vendors
- Strong political savvy and and understanding of how to leverage different influence strategies based on context and audience
- A knack for developing and implementing innovative talent and engagement programs that will help increase efficiencies and grow our culture
- Experience coaching internal managers on managing employee relations issues, fostering career development and delivering feedback
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills