Huge is looking for an editor in chief for its online publication, Magenta, and the agency’s website, www.hugeinc.com.
Since 2016, Magenta has been the standard bearer for industry publications. As Huge looks to evolve Magenta, we’re looking for an editor to lead it into its next iteration as a publication that explores the intersection of art, design, and technology through editorial projects as well as live events. The person in this role will report directly to the MD, Global Communications and work closely with the agency’s Strategic Growth and Talent teams to proactively identify editorial opportunities that align with prospective areas of business and our People.
This editor should have serious creative chops and a sharp eye for detail. The perfect candidate has a mixed background of content marketing and journalism-- someone who understands jargon but doesn't need it to tell a great story. The candidate should have a track record of editing projects for an online audience as well as bringing those projects to life through events. Excellent editorial judgement is a must. In terms of attitude, the best fit is someone who is proactive, diplomatic, and not easily flustered.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Publishing 2-3 stories a week
- Making sure that story production runs smoothly and posted on time
- Researching, planning, writing and editing web content for Huge Inc; synchronizing content between all channels
- Leading weekly email newsletters
- Ideating, planning and leading quarterly event series across a global network
- Maintaining yearly editorial calendar with projects and stories planned a quarter in advance
- Working with strategic growth team to compile client-specific reports
What We’d Like To See.
- 7-10 years experience in either content marketing or in journalism covering business/marketing, design or creativity
- Proven ability to pitch, assign, and edit content for a digital audience
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Grace (and moxie) under pressure
- A true love of editing and writing
- A love for event planning
- Combines sharp writing capability with a deep understanding of the Huge brand and how we communicate; ability to internalize and apply brand voice throughout channels
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills
- A deep understanding of the relationship between textual and visual elements
- Familiarity with content management systems
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.