VP, Digital Strategy (Commerce).
VP, Digital Strategy (Commerce)
This role is for a world-class strategist to help shape the future of digital commerce. The commerce practice at Huge is rapidly expanding, and is one of our most important strategic initiatives - this role is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor as a foundational pillar of our business.
Reporting directly to our global head of commerce, you will focus on leading our most complex digital transformation projects, partnering globally with teams from New York to Singapore, London to Detroit. This is a highly visible role, with opportunities for public speaking, thought leadership, and partnering directly with client executives and with regional Huge leadership.
In addition to focusing on our most complex engagements, you will lead our “core commerce” focus area, with an emphasis on brand-owned or first-party experiences, including traditional eCommerce (.coms, apps) and physical retail. You will drive Huge’s perspective on what good looks like, and define, grow, and evolve our teams, product offerings, and partnerships.
You will be a self-starter and builder who thrives in constantly morphing environments, with a breadth and depth of transformation and consulting experience that gives you a strong foundation in modern multichannel commerce.
We are open to this role being remote based.
What you’ll be doing.
- Leading and executing across the entire lifecycle of our business - from business and capability development, to pitching and client relationship building, through delivery of transformational work and organic growth of our existing accounts.
- Defining the future of our “core commerce” business in collaboration with our global head of commerce, and personally representing that perspective internally at Huge, as well as to industry analysts, trade publications, general press, and current and future clients.
- Identifying market trends and opportunities to expand Huge’s global commerce capabilities and team.
- Developing relationships across the Huge global network, influencing teams, supporting existing account needs, and reinforcing strong ties between the commerce practice and regional teams.
What we’d like to see.
Strategists at Huge sit at the intersection of user needs, business goals, and organizational capabilities (people, process, and platforms/technology). They are orchestrators and leaders. They are thinkers and doers. They can define a vision, a strategy backed by a detailed roadmap to achieve it, and roll their sleeves up to lead teams in delivering against that strategy. To that end, we are looking for:
- A proven subject matter expertise (5-7+ years) in the commerce space - including a broad understanding of digital product development (engineering, architecture, design, product management), merchandising, marketing, physical retail, supply chain. You understand what it takes to run a digital commerce business, from site merchandising to pricing and promotions, from content management to SEO, and are very deep in the digital product development space, from design and engineering to user research and site performance optimization.
- Demonstrated ability (3-5+ years) leading digital transformation programs, from analyzing a client’s business, user and market trends; to assessing capability needs across people, process, platforms (technology), and partners; to developing and leading data-backed multi-year strategies to transform a business.
- Familiarity with a broad range of commerce-related technologies across eCommerce, web content management (CMS, DXP), core merchandising, search, product information (PIM, PXM), payments, order management, point of sale, and marketing analytics.
- Experience engaging with and presenting to SVP and C-Suite leaders, especially chief digital officers, chief strategy officers, heads of eCommerce, chief technology officers, and chief customer or experience officers.
- Experience in multiple kinds of businesses (DTC, B2B, wholesale, physical retail, subscriptions) across various industries and scales.
- A strong point of view on market and user trends in digital commerce.
- Ability to work on a US time-zone and (periodically, and only when it is safe to do so) willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- A background in consulting or an MBA is a plus, but not required.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, Stellantis, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.