Technical Lead TOR.
At Huge, it’s not only about depth in technology, but ongoing incubation and experimentation as to how to apply technology. Every technologist at Huge helps bring ideas to reality.
Huge is looking for a Technical Lead to join the Technology team in Toronto. The Technical Lead is a problem solver and is responsible for the overall execution and organization of the development effort on large-scale technology engagements. You'll have the ultimate responsibility of making technologies work together and, as a result, is a key role that contributes heavily towards the success of the project. You are responsible for transforming the requirements into architecture and design documents that can be used by the rest of the team to actually create the solution.
You're also responsible for the guidance of development as well as obtaining buy-in and acceptance of the technical architecture. You must be able to understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. A successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, as well as an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
What you’ll be doing.
- Perform technical requirements gathering, use-case discovery, and platform analysis
- Generate convincing and substantiated technology and architecture recommendations
- Develop and maintain software requirements specification and architecture documents
- Serve as the primary day-to-day technical contact for Clients, third-party vendors, technology partners and internal project stakeholders
- Collaborates with Technology Directors to develop estimates and overall implementation solution plans
- Serve as the lead for all implementation, customization, and integration efforts
- Define and document best practices and contribute to company knowledge sharing efforts
- Identify and define integration points with third party solutions
- Define and document all tools and technologies used to implement the solution
- Work with vendor services to provide elements related to technology selection and implementation
- Perform problem analysis (identify root causes, outline resolution options, and take appropriate actions to resolve problems)
- Prepare and deliver technical proposals and presentations to all levels of a client’s organization
- Evaluate vendor documentation and technical requirements to accurately estimate time and cost of identified options in order to make recommendations on approach from the business perspective
What we’d like to see.
- 8-10+ years developing and leading large-scale technology engagement and at least 2+ years doing so in an agency environment
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented design concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations and enterprise design patterns
- Expertise with at least one CMS (AEM, Drupal, Contentful etc.) or demonstrated mobile experience (iOS or Android)
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Experience managing technology teams of 5+ people (developers, QA, etc.)
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess feasibility
- Must have an excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Work with resource managers to define overall recruiting needs and expertise in solution area
- Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Experience building applications and websites for large multinational brands
- Computer science degree preferred
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
#LI-POST / #LI-HP1