Design Director, Product.
DESIGN DIRECTOR, PRODUCT
About Product Design.
At Huge, the Design Team is a multidisciplinary collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, product, visual, motion, industrial design, environmental and brand design. We're seeking an experienced Design Director– to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong pedigree in connected products, Industrial or Environmental design and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences.
Huge is looking for a Design Director, to join the Design team. Location is flexible across our US or Canadian offices. In this role, you will be on-the-ground influencer for design culture and innovation; a star in the design community. You’ll lead a team of designers on various initiatives across products and environments, digital and physical design, always with the mission of consuming, cultivating, and spreading your design expertise. You’ll take charge of a project from conception to execution. You’ll be the go-to resource for our creative leadership, helping them accomplish large design initiatives with the intention of creating and driving Huge’s design standard.
What you’ll be doing.
- In this role, you will be working with Huge's global team to create intelligent products and experiential environments. You will tackle large design challenges across a variety of industries and create innovative solutions that elevate the human experience. You will work across the full design process with Huge's research ,data and strategy teams and collaborate with a broad range of UX, technologists and industrial designers. The work will span across large pieces of global client work while actively pitching new projects.
What we’d like to see.
- 8+ years creating experiences specific to products and environments.
- Knowledge in human centered design research, product and experience strategy, including leadership over the entire design process.
- A background in Industrial or Environmental Design with depth in the conception of connected products and environments. You are the bridge that connects strategy, data, technology, design and production.
- You articulate and visualize inspiring design directions that guide teams with clarity.
- A deep understanding of physical materials, moulding and construction methods and complex CAD assemblies.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client, you can sell an idea clearly and confidently
- Strong ability to ensure design solutions are emotionally captivating, are on-brand and deliver on strategic and business goals
- Proven skill as a trusted leader, mentor, and active producer of thought leadership content.
- Insanely passionate about design culture and driven to build Huge’s culture even further
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.