Billing Coordinator BK.
Finance makes sure that our clients are paying us on time, that we’re paying our own contractors on time, and that all of our expenses are squared away. What could be more important than that?
Finance is also constantly monitoring the health of the business and making critical decisions about how we grow as a business, who we can and should hire, and what the future looks like for Huge.
Huge is looking for a Billing Coordinator to join the Client Finance team in Brooklyn. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring efficient, timely and accurate processing of client invoices. The Billing Coordinator also provides administrative support to the Finance Department. The right candidate will need to work well under pressure, deal with many different personalities, be an enthusiastic problem solver, and a self-starter who is willing to learn and eager to grow. This role will report to the Billing Manager.
What you’ll be doing.
The Production Biller is primarily responsible for preparing and issuing client invoices for fees and WIP while adhering to company policies and procedures. The position reports to the Production Billing Manager and collaborates with the Client Finance team as far as specific client billing needs.
- Issue client invoices timely (fees and WIP) based on SOW or Change Order terms.
- Fees - Time and Material, Pre-approved Fee Schedule, Milestone & Deliverables
- WIP - Estimate Billing with Future Reconciliation, Monthly WIP Billing, Pass-Through Billing, Project Completion Billing of OOP
- Issue non-standard invoices for internal system distribution of costs (intercompany, internal offsets WIP & Fee)
- Prepare and issue credit memos & rebills
- Respond timely to client inquiries/requests.
- Obtain receipts for billable expenses to include OOP invoicing.
- When addressing tasks/responsibilities, ensure appropriate supporting documentation is received and saved.
- Ensure follow-up with appropriate personnel, provide status updates and communicate issues to the Billing Manager timely.
- Work with the Client Finance team on client billing needs.
- Open Jobs in both Billing & Time Tracking Systems.
- Close Jobs in the billing system once proper reconciliation procedures are completed.
- This reconciliation is performed by Client Services with input from Client Finance. Billers responsible to close project codes and actions WIP transfers, WIP write-offs, Final Billings as directed by CS/CF.
- Maintain Audit Support Documentation for billing-related matters.
- Provide system-generated reports as requested.
- Ownership of client portals for PO acquiring and invoice submission.
- Direct Client Invoice submission for some, but not all, clients.
- Issue non-standard invoices for internal system distribution of costs (Intercompany, internal offsets of WIP & Fee).
- Facilitate review of WIP with internal Client Service teams and ensure billable costs are invoiced in a timely manner.
- Interpret billing section of client contracts to support invoicing schedule.
- Be able to manage multiple client accounts with varied billing schedules and client-specific billing requirements.
- Monthly review of client financial accounts (e.g. AR, Accrued Revenue, WIP, Fee/OOP pre-bills) to support billing operations.
- Maintain Client Billing Tracker in support of client invoicing schedules.
- Review and track client agreements to streamline invoices and prepare/distribute Client Account Statements.
- Partner with the billing operations team to make sure client invoices are correct, sent per contractual obligations and that billable expenses are billed in a timely manner.
- Follow up with delivery and billing teams about Accounts Receivable, accrued revenue, WIP expenses, and client prebills.
- Work with the billing team to set up new project codes, make them billable when we’re ready to start work, and close them when projects are finished.
- Meet with PM and CS teams on a weekly basis to discuss project and revenue pipeline and confirm these details are accurately reflected in Salesforce CRM system
- Problem solves any client issues in the portfolio they operate in.
- Update production invoice for each client/ job code.
What we’d like to see.
- Experience with Invoicing, debt collection, accounts payable, and payroll
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Experience with T&E processing is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows with a high level of proficiency in Excel required.
- Experience with Mediabank and general ledger systems is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player, self-reliant, ability to manage time and deadlines independently with strong attention to detail.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.