Talent Manager SGP.
Talent, also known as Human Resources, is here to support employees and make sure that they are set up for success to do the best work of their career at Huge. They are the backbone of employment at Huge and an important resource for employees, whether that be supporting cultural initiatives in their office/region, championing our DE&I commitments, & of course the essentials like adhering to local employment law & making sure you get paid.
Huge is looking for a Talent Manager to join our Singapore office. In this role, you will be responsible for HR business partnership and support across the teams in both the Singapore & Japan offices reporting into the Talent Director in London with a dotted line into the MD, APAC & General Manager, Singapore. This role requires someone who is supportive and encouraging, straightforward and resilient, trustworthy and reliable. This person understands foundations and boundaries and knows when and how to flex within and beyond them. In a nutshell, they are adaptable and capable of working in a fast moving, ever changing, eternally fluid environment.
You’ll be a quick-thinking, excited and all-around awesome team player who will help foster and drive our “Hugers first” approach to employees and business challenges. Above all, you have solid footing in the functions of HR, as well as a comprehensive understanding of and passion for the work we do at Huge.
What you’ll be doing.
- Supporting the Assoc. Director, Talent & Resourcing in collaborating with the global Talent team to develop & deliver new initiatives and programs, and streamline core processes that favourably impact retention & engagement across Huge as we scale and grow.
- Executing the new hire process & partnering with the Assoc. Director Talent & Resourcing to deliver comprehensive onboarding for new joiners to the region.
- Coordinating with global counterparts on employee transfers across the network.
- Supporting the Assoc. Director, Talent & Resourcing in managing the annual performance review process, ensuring everyone is reviewed & has a subsequent performance action plan in place.
- Partnering with the local MD/FD on the compensation review & ensuring the admin & comms process is managed.
- Supporting the Assoc. Director, Talent & Resourcing in utilising data e.g. engagement survey & exit interviews to inform & implement action with the local management team.
- Supporting the Assoc. Director Talent & Resourcing in championing the Huge Affinity groups activity in your local office & ensuring our commitment to DE&I is at the heart of everything we do.
- Partnering with the office coordinator & Assoc. Director Talent & Resourcing on local cultural initiatives to create & execute a calendar of events.
- Managing the exit process, both voluntary & involuntary, with discretion & professionalism.
- Managing the monthly payroll & benefits process for starters, changes & leavers.
- Working with the Assoc. Director Talent & Resourcing to Assess learning & development needs for the office and working to find appropriate solutions to upskill employees, alongside delivering any standardised global training e.g. managing people.
- Partnering with the Assoc. Director Talent & Resourcing to ensuring recruitment for the Singapore & Japan offices is keeping pace, liaising with the US recruitment team & local hiring managers on progress.
- Liaising with the McCann office in Japan who we partner with on various Japanese employment matters to ensure seamless transactions for our Japan office.
What we’d like to see.
- Generalist HR and talent management experience including experience with employee relations, performance management, compensation planning, immigration/mobility, employee engagement and career development.
- A strong understanding of each function/craft within agencies to be able to effectively manage Human Resources across the Huge.
- Ability to manage employee relations and organisational development issues while mitigating risk.
- Takes the initiative to actively manage resources in terms of PTO quota/risk management, contract timelines and management, onboarding procedures, and always looking at new actions to improve the employee experience.
- Working knowledge of and ability to advise on Singaporean employment and immigration law.
- Able to balance the needs of the business with the needs of the employee to create win/win situations and outcomes.
- An ability to actively build and manage relationships with Huge leaders, employees, the global talent team and external vendors.
- Experience coaching internal managers on managing employee relations issues, fostering career development and delivering feedback
- Experience onboarding new hires, as well as handling voluntary and involuntary exits.
- Experience in payroll & benefits processing.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills.
- An appreciation for our brand and ability to partner with the employee engagement and office services teams to cultivate and foster our culture.
- Is able to facilitate negotiations with employees and candidates when they arise, and provide sound advice and consultancy to senior management when needed.
- Ensuring that all people who interact with Huge through HR are given the best possible experience, thereby helping to build our reputation as being a great place to work and a place people want to work.
- Previous experience partnering with creative agencies or similar creative industry environments is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Japanese employment law would be of value but not essential.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
#LI-POST / #LI-HP1