Director, Content Strategy.
DIRECTOR, CONTENT STRATEGY.
About Content Strategy
We believe in the power of content to build trust, credibility and high-value relationships with users. To get to this meaningful content, it is the role of Content Strategy to understand each point along the digital journey from the outward facing user experience to a brand’s internal business processes and operations. Content Strategists unpack user needs, distill insights from data, drive technology decisions, help architect the experience to ensure we can deliver the brand story and provide structure. Whether crafting the strategy for a content marketing program across a broad ecosystem or driving value and revenue through efficiency creation in governance and workflow implementation, Huge recognizes that in today’s landscape, content is more than just creating words on a screen. The way we strategically approach content enables brands to drive better outcomes and more effectively build long-term brand relationships.
Huge is looking for a Director of Content Strategy to join the Content Strategy team that would report into our Washington DC or Atlanta office. Operating as both leaders and contributors, Content Strategy Directors will be expected to have expertise in both editorial strategy and technical information strategy. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in information architecture, content modeling, taxonomy and metadata strategy, and replatforming migration strategy. You will collaborate with technologists and product managers on Huge and client teams to recommend appropriate content systems such as DAMs, recommendation engines, or content management platforms for projects.You will make technical content recommendations to enable personalization, improve recommended content, and optimize internal search.
This is not a copy writing or content management role. This role requires client partnership and the ability to uncover opportunities for organic growth in our accounts. You will collaboratively define strategic visions for businesses and brands, including the role of content in that vision. Additionally, you will work with other leaders in the Content Strategy craft to chart the course for the discipline to meet the evolving needs of the market with measurable content outcomes and meaningful experiences at the core of what we drive toward.
Content Strategy Directors at Huge have a deeply ingrained understanding of the way content lives in digital media and makes sure our work is not just beautiful but incredibly engaging. They must balance and solve user, business, and technical content needs while still delivering cohesive, elegant work. There can be a lot of cooks in the kitchen in this process—they help make the final product seem like a singular vision. We need someone who’s ready to move seamlessly between the strategic and the tactical, with a focus on the long game of how content will function. Our Content Strategy Directors are people who can wear a wide range of different hats: a decisive product owner, a confident manager, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled client partner all in one. They are just as comfortable directing a team as they are rolling up their sleeves and producing detailed deliverables. They work closely with all other disciplines, from designers to engagement, while being sensitive to both the brand and the client’s capabilities. In addition, they might serve as a mentor to a small group of content strategists who may or may not be assigned to their projects.
What we’d like to see.
- 8+ years’ working experience leading content strategy development, preferably in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience working on large-scale redesigns, e-commerce initiatives, and replatforming migrations.
- Experience advocating for content strategy best practices, principles, and methodology. Content Strategy Directors can clearly and confidently express our decisions and rationales to both internal teams and clients.
- Expert understanding of content delivery, management, and retrieval systems.
- Awareness of emerging content strategy trends, tools, and technology. We want someone who is committed to looking beyond the status quo and is excited by innovation.
- Elegant use of both qualitative and quantitative data to inform content priorities—in the end, the work should feel seamless.
- A love of massive spreadsheets and copy decks. Ten tabs? Fifteen columns? Eighty pages? No problem.
- Proven ability to dig into the details and emerge with strong strategic insights and a good story.
- Applicants will need to be prepared to share sample work demonstrating how they've approached and completed stakeholder interviews, persona development, site audits, and content strategy.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.