CONFIDENTIAL: Group Creative Director, XD - Visual Design.
GROUP CREATIVE DIRECTOR, XD
**You are ideally in the Chicago area but we are open to anywhere in the US for the right candidate. Huge is a remote first company, however our client is located in Chicago so some travel (not extensive) will be required.
About Experience Design.
At Huge, the Experience Design Team is a multidisciplinary collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, product, visual, motion, industrial and brand design. We're seeking a Group Creative Director (XD) – to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong pedigree in visual design and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences.
We’re looking for a jack-of-all creative trades and master of design. Someone who loves strategic, user centered, and elegant solutions exemplified in their breathtaking book.
You are a culture maker and an industry changer, who can think big, and dream bigger yet know how to bring people along on the journey. In this role, you will manage both the creative direction of our largest projects and the career paths of other Creative Directors, making sure no talent goes to waste and the work is always the best we can produce. These are crazy-talented people who pitch original design concepts, global marketing campaigns and digital media production directly to some of the biggest brands in the world. Group Creative Directors oversee multiple projects from ask through execution, and directly manage a team of Creative Directors under them. This is the leadership position of leaders, and we need someone who can represent our culture and standards to all levels and disciplines within the department, company-wide, and across the industry.
Ideally you are located near Oakland or New York but we are open to other locations within North America.
What You’ll Be Doing.
The Group Creative Director, XD will focus the creative output for a global technology brand. You need to be an expert hands-on craftsperson; able to lead cross-disciplinary teams to conceive, execute, and deliver beautiful, thoughtful, and impactful solutions on the world stage. You also need to be a bonafide client-whisperer who can build trust, woo and win work, and position us to tackle incredibly ambitious future projects.
Projects will include global marketing websites, branding and brand systems, digital products and services, and vision projects – on properties spanning technology, entertainment, commerce, retail and more.
What We’d Like To See.
- A robust background with extensive experience in a client facing, creative leadership role in a digital agency environment.
- Recognized expertise in advertising, collateral, identity, or interactive design.
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies for the digital channel and related media.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction, career path guidance and timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Proven leadership skills. We need people who are confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availability change—we need someone who can roll with it.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.