Group Experience Director
At Huge, Experience Design is a team of multidisciplinary experts who create innovative and groundbreaking digital experiences for web, mobile and emerging technologies. Our team also leads work in physical experiences and products. As a result, our Experience Design group has expertise in ux, product, visual, motion, industrial and brand design. As a [creative/experience] director, you're expected to drive the creative output from any of those specialities, but this role seeks someone with roots in digital experience with a product and ux design background.
The Group Experience Director leads our most complex and innovative digital projects, creating products used by millions of people every day. They have an intuitive feeling for the way products should work and a deep understanding of what users want and need when it comes to digital media. The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across touch points — web, mobile, social, tablet and in-store. The Group Experience Director helps set the direction of projects from the beginning. They oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition and design. We need someone who can be a strategic leader, product owner, team player and skilled client partner all rolled into one. They should be decisive and excited to lead their team forward — we need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better. In addition to project work, Group Experience Directors help to shape the Experience Design team, manage and mentor other Product Designers, and play a major role in business development.
What you’ll do:
- Create experiences people love - truly impressive interfaces, large-scale websites and applications.
- In partnership with the Executive Creative Director, establish vision and technical direction for global clients and the Experience Design team.
- Collaborate deeply across disciplines - product management, technology, research, user experience.
- Develop the Experience Design team in a purposeful way in order to increase their competence, confidence and capability to make significant contributions to Huge and our clients.
- Lead the team to achieve results by selecting the right talent, getting the most out of each team member, leveraging the synergy of people working together, and creating team confidence and enthusiasm.
What we’d like to see:
- Strong design instincts, a deep understanding of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development and creative process fundamentals.
- Readiness to set design and creative direction, and promote design principles.
- A keen ability to anticipate the needs, concerns and input from teammates across departments.
- Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills — someone who is insanely excited about their work and knows how to spread that enthusiasm.
- Experience with senior clients. Someone who is an expert at handling themselves and our clients in every imaginable situation.
- Confident with everything from team building, mentoring to guiding large amounts of creative talent.
- Proven success in a digital agency environment
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.