This event has passed.
This year's Pi Day is extra special, and the only 𝜋 day of its kind we will see. So let's celebrate — and code. Coding will begin around noon and optimally be handed in at 3:14:15.92 (𝜋 o'clock). We'll have raspberry pis and gift certificates to purchase Four and Twenty Blackbirds pies.
So what exactly do you do for a 𝜋 Hackathon? You to tell us. There's only one rule: make it 𝜋-related.
Here are the rational rules behind everyone's favorite irrational number:
- You will have 3 hours and 14 minutes to code.
- Regarding what you make, the only rule is that your code must have something to do with 𝜋 (the vernacular 𝜋, so code doing something with a pie is another option)
- You will have 3 minutes and 14 seconds to do your presentation (𝜋 minutes)
- Hack groups can be no larger than 5 but we encourage about 𝜋.
What the hell does it mean to make a 𝜋-related application? Here are some ideas if you can't think of one:
- An algorithm that calculates the digits of 𝜋 to a certain amount of places in 10 different programming languages
- A recipe book application for cooking pies
- A drawing application that utilizes 𝜋
- A music application that features a song about 𝜋
- An education application that helps children understand geometry with 𝜋 This is meant to be fun and not intense and crazy. Since you have only 3 hours and 14 minutes to make this right, we're looking for creativity and completeness of the application!
RSVP required. See you on the 14th!