Group Creative Director, Experience Design (Commerce).
Group Creative Director, Experience Design (Commerce)
This role is for a world-class, human-centric experience designer with strong strategic thinking, to shape the future of commerce experiences. You will serve as the global head of experience for commerce, reporting directly to our Chief Design Officer and the head of our commerce practice, one of our fastest growing business units. You will help define our perspectives on the future of digital and physical commerce, staying abreast of consumer and market trends, speaking publicly and to clients. You will work as an experience strategist and service design leader, crafting compelling stories, exploring the intersection of content and commerce, loyalty, and leading brands to create new service models and lines of business that drive love and loyalty. At the same time, you’ll still be a maker, and be hungry to roll up your sleeves to steer, mentor, and help build high-performing teams that bring to life best-in-class commerce experiences, ranging from websites and apps to social, marketplace, physical/digital, and emerging experiences (gaming, virtual products).
Above all, you’ll be a collaborative team player and a central component of the future of our business.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our most exciting clients, and with teams from New York to Singapore, London to Detroit. This is a highly visible role, with opportunities for public speaking, thought leadership, and partnering directly with client executives and with regional Huge leadership.
About Experience Design.
At Huge, the Experience Design Team is a multidisciplinary collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, product, visual, motion, industrial and brand design. We're seeking a Group Creative Director for commerce to own our perspectives on commerce experience, help define and package offerings and services, partner with clients and internal stakeholders, and drive experience design across a range of innovative digital commerce projects.
In this role, you will help support the experience strategy and creative direction of our largest projects for some of our most strategic commerce-related work. You will also be responsible for thought leadership activities, defining frameworks to steer and aid our strategy and delivery work, and consulting with existing client and account teams to help drive and elevate their work. In many cases, Group Creative Directors oversee multiple projects from ask through execution, and directly manage a team of Creative Directors under them. This is the leadership position of leaders, and we need someone who can represent our culture and standards to all levels and disciplines within the department, company-wide, and across the industry.
What we’d like to see.
- A background defining the vision for and delivering end-to-end digital commerce work, whether traditional eCommerce websites, branded apps, or distributed or edge commerce (marketplaces, social, gaming, or shopping platform aggregators like WeChat and TMall).
- Proven experience developing and owning thought leadership, including marketing perspectives and public speaking, and experience operating both as a leader of client relationships and a leader of pitches.
- Experience building teams or improving the performance of existing teams - including pure creative and visual design teams, as well as integrated (product, technology, analytics, design) digital product development teams.
- A strong perspective on emerging experience patterns - including the role of social, experiential physical retail, marketplaces, virtual worlds, and gaming - on the future of commerce.
- A background in experience strategy and service design, including driving user research, the development of new business concepts and models.
- A background developing, piloting, and scaling new service offerings in a professional services/agency environment is a plus.
- Proven leadership skills. We need people who can build relationships internally and externally, influence, and who project confidence with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availability change—we need someone who can roll with it.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.